The 2018 Submission deadline HAS PASSED.
The 2018 submission deadline has passed. Check back later this year for more details about the 2019 application.
If you submitted a 2018 application, scholarship notifications will be sent out by mid-April.
The purpose of the RMEL Foundation is to award scholarships to deserving and qualified students in engineering, business, information systems, plant, line or distribution technology, line worker or other curriculum related to the electric energy industry.
Awards will be made in two categories:
- RMEL Foundation Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded in amounts ranging from $1,000-$3,000. See the eligibility requirements below for these scholarships.
- RMEL Foundation Named Scholarships. These scholarships are provided by the Foundation in the name of the individual or corporate donor.
The applicant must be a current high school senior, high school graduate or current university/college undergraduate (freshman, sophomore or junior) student. In addition, you must fulfill ONE of the following:
1. Be pursuing or plan to pursue an electric industry position certificate or associate degree at a college (Certificate/Associate Degree) and be able to provide information about the specific program you are or will attend and the accreditation status of the institution.
2. Be pursuing or plan to pursue an undergraduate degree with intent to pursue a career in the electric energy industry.
And, the applicant must:
1. Be a permanent U.S. resident.
2. Complete the online application in its entirety.
How Recipients are Chosen
A Selection Committee of the RMEL Foundation reviews all applications and selects the recipients. The selection criteria are:
- Goals and aspirations in the electric energy industry
- Motivation to succeed
- Service to community and school
- Academic performance
How to Apply
There are four 2018 RMEL Foundation Scholarship Applications. Please be sure to read the descriptions below to find the correct application for you.
Note: Completing the incorrect application may affect your eligibility to be considered for a 2018 scholarship. If you are unsure which application to complete, please contact James Sakamoto at email@example.com or (303) 865-5544 prior to beginning the application process.
Current High School Senior – if you are currently a high school senior and will be enrolling in a 4-year/baccalaureate degree program for the 2018-2019 academic year, complete this application. Current high school seniors planning to enroll in a 2-year/certificate program, see “2-Year/Certificate Program” application below.
Current 4-Year/Baccalaureate Degree Student – if you are currently enrolled as a freshman, sophomore or junior at a 4-year college/university, complete this application. If you are a current high school senior or have received an RMEL Foundation Scholarship in the past, do not complete this application.
2-Year/Certificate Program Student – if you are currently enrolled (or will be enrolling) in a 2-year/certificate program complete this application.
Previous RMEL Foundation Scholarship Recipient – this application is exclusively for 4-year/baccalaureate AND 2-year/certificate program students who have previously been awarded an RMEL Foundation Scholarship. If you have not previously received an RMEL Foundation Scholarship, please complete one of the applications listed above.
February 8, 2018 - Submission deadline for applications
Mid-April 2018 – Recipients Notifications
6855 S. Havana St, Ste 430
Centennial, CO 80112
Phone: (303) 865-5544
RMEL Foundation Contact
RMEL MEMBERS: If your company has built relationships with local universities and high schools, the RMEL Foundation wants to complement those relationships with RMEL Foundation Scholarships! We are here to help engage young talent in your area and connect them to your company. Please send this link to your academic contacts and send us their contact information – we’ll do the rest! You can also send this link to colleagues and friends who have kids or know of students looking for a diverse and exciting career in the electric energy industry. This is an industry primed for invention and technological advances, and new employees with all types of skill-sets are needed!